Wow! I’m not sure I have words to express what I saw and felt tonight! Driving down the interstate with 6 middle schoolers was a new experience for me. It was quite entertaining listening to the giggles from the back seat, having someone else control my cd player, and having people who actually liked to play “Would you Rather.” Upon arriving in KC, we found our way to Open Door Baptist Church. The evening activities had already started by the time we got there. Opening the doors to the sanctuary, I was greeted with the sound of about 300 (maybe more, maybe less, I am not good at judging numbers of people…….) middle schoolers rocking out to some awesome music! Instantly the goosebumps ran up and down my arms. If there is anything that gets me, it is listening to the sound of kids singing. It thrills me to hear that sound, but to know that they are actually singing to worship our awesome God, wow!! What a feeling! Our speaker really pushed the kids to think about where they stand with God and their sins. Some pretty heavy stuff to start off our night. After the main event, we partied with all of the other kids that had come to worship and get closer to God. Kaoroke was a huge hit, and of course we all took our turns singing. The mechanical bull was another popular way to round out the night. Tomorrow promises to bring more fun, more worship, more opportunities to bring us closer to God. As for now, I am off to somehow figure out a way to make three 10 year old girls think it’s a great idea to go to bed…………….
Heidi Mac
Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Mac! I'm so glad people like you are in charge of my kid this weekend. Can't wait to hear more. Hope you get some sleep! & give Faith a hug for me.
ReplyDeleteAbbieL.
Thanks, Heidi. I'm pumped just reading about it. Everyone at Horizons will be praying for all of you tomorrow morning during the service.
ReplyDelete