I loved Stuck in the Middle!!! I really felt good after the speaker, Heather, told us that middle schoolers are some of the smartest she knows. When we were in our small groups on friday night, Chris told us that when he is in a situation, he asks himself, what would Grant do or what would Jacob do? That was amazing that he said that to us.
-Maxine
Tonight, I had an amazing conversation with our 8th grade confirmation class. We had a great conversation about if it is possible to love people, without having a love for God. The discussion came to a peak when Grant Schirmer said, "It is possible to love people without loving God, because God loves us." It was extremely moving to hear such a wise statement. Many other theological conversations went on throughout the evening. All of the kids had amazing input and very wise things to say. I finished our conversation by talking to them about 1 Tim 4:12. "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but rather set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith, and purity." My prayer for them is that they can hold on to the things that have heard this weekend for a long, long time.
-Berger
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment