Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DiscoveryZone's trip to Camp Oasis!







Day 3 has come to a close at Camp Oasis already, the week has been flying by! Tonight our half week finished, so we said goodbye to our youngest campers. A little over half of the group of 22 DiscoveryZone students and friends are still here now for the remaining part of the full week experience!


Today, we had a ton of fun paddle boating, water sliding, & playing the infamous game of gaga! Plus we had some guests from Horizons come out! A group of 5 led some sweet games, one person taught us sign language, two others taught us square dancing (with a live fiddle), and a couple just came to hang out and experience it all with us! We still have a lot more to look forward to as the week closes out. A special thanks to everyone who has, or will be coming out here. One of our goals this year is to connect our kids with the adults in our church. I have LOVED watching these relationships start to form!


Keep us in your prayers the rest of this week. Kyle and I have had a ton of great laughs this week while staying with the campers, and I cannot wait for even more! We are having a great time experiencing the "Abundawonderful" life of Jesus!


Derek




"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." -John 10:10b

No comments:

Post a Comment