Horizons Questions from the Congregation
“So You Say You’ve Failed”
Week 1, Feb. 17, 2013
That I will ask
myself:
How can I see failure as a grace from God?
Do I act like the Pharisee?—comparing myself and my faith to the
actions/failures of others?
How can I serve God and help others find Him?
What more can I do for others?
What are my biggest fears?
To question my own perceptions of failure in myself and others.
Am I really a failure?
What am I most afraid of?
Do I let others define my success or failure?
Do I act ways to cover up the embarrassment of failure to others?
What pain am I holding on to from my failures?
That I would ask
others:
When we fail, what steps do we take to give our failures to God and
allow Him to show us new direction?
What keeps you away from God?
What can you do for others?
What happens if you fail?
What ways do people focus on God during their struggles?
How have you worked through the pain of your failures?
If failure can help us grow, why do we try so hard to protect our children
from experiencing failure in their lives? How will this affect society? How has
it?
What is failure? (you must define success first)
Is failure an outcome or simply part of a continuous process?
Have you ever failed and how did you overcome it?
That I would ask the
pastor:
When does failure become something God can work with? What do we have
to do? Pray? Repent? Simply acknowledge the failure?
How do we help our children not be afraid of failure?
Do we FAIL because God wants us to be stronger?
What can I do to not owned by my failures?
Is failure relative? Since you can define successes, you
define the result of every action.
Does the tax collector now know all his sins are forgiven or does he
need to be born again?
How do prevent my feelings of failure leading me into drepression?
That I would ask my
HOME or Disciple Group:
How do we approach friends/family/co-workers who we see struggling with
failure about the love of Jesus and his forgiveness?
What lesson have you learned or what blessing have you been given
because of your failures?
No comments:
Post a Comment