Monday, July 25, 2011

Awesome Start to the Week of VBS!

Night one of VBS is done and the only word I can think of is ‘Excited”. There are only a handful of things in a young child’s existence that really make their eyes sparkle...birthdays, Santa Claus and seeing mom and dad after a long day without them. Tonight, I saw some of those eyes through the eyes of a 6’ tall panda. When Derek asked me to suit up, I thought “sure, sounds like fun.” Little did I know I’d be seeing those same sparkles all night. Although I’m about 5 lbs lighter due to the heat in that thing, the high fives and hugs made it all well worth it!

While that was one highlight of the night, I also had a chance to walk around and help out with security. I got a chance to see some different activities like the arts/crafts, kids talking to our Super Heroes, Bob and Karl, the worship band and kids singing and dancing along and also how much fun the kids had with the games. You can never truly appreciate kids having a blast until you see a group doing a monkey dance, led by Jay! God is really working through all the volunteers and in every situation the kids are in at VBS. Liz and I look forward to hear all the “God Sightings” throughout the week from our girls and know that each child attending will be truly blessed by Him. As we walked out to head home, we looked up to find a rainbow in the sky. Yet another sign from God that he loves us no matter what.

Shawn









No comments:

Post a Comment