Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 1 of VBS

What a night! Crocodile Dock, night one, was incredible! Watching kids come into the worship center with smiling faces and laughter brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my skin. I love to see the kids so excited about God! Bob and Karl kicked off the evening with a high energy entrance, as always. What would we do without those 2? The worship band and our 2 song leaders (Niki Ford and Terri Piper) rocked the house! Crocodile Dock‘s music is awesome. I could feel the energy radiating throughout the room as Bob and Karl brought several volunteers on stage to gag down a blended happy meal. Rusty, a yellow firefly crewleader, was the victorious volunteer! Go Rusty! The blue herons walked away with the spirit hat for the loudest crew of the night.

God was definitely shining his light on all of us tonight, reminding us that he is always with us. I could feel his presence everywhere tonight. He was all around us pouring out his love on us, letting us know how great he is. I know that He will definitely be present for the next 4 nights, sharing his great love with all of the volunteers and children who are lucky enough to be a part of Horizons VBS for 2009!


--Heidi M.








































No comments:

Post a Comment