Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 3 of VBS

Wooo! Wooo! What a night! Well since I am a rookie blogger, and I have been scared to attempt this blogging thing, I am going to change it up a bit…..You see folks I may not be much of a blogger….but I am one awesome story teller, so grab a cup of something to drink and settle in because I have one incredible story to tell…

Once upon a time in a church you all know well……There was this amazing week of VBS called Crocodile Dock, 300 plus kids, 200 plus volunteers and tons and tons of fun. As you all know Crocodile Dock takes place in a swamp/bayou. The kids have spent the week so far laughing, screaming, singing, rocking, running, crafting, watching skits, going to Chadder theatre, playing Gator Games, and most important of all worshipping and learning about God. You see folks this week of VBS is so awesome I get choked up just telling you about it. The smiles and laughter I have heard this week let me know how important this week is to our church and community. Imagine the sound of 300 kids singing and doing the actions to the amazing music our VBS Worship Band plays each night. Now Take that same 300 kids and listen to the screams they let loose for our very own Bob and Karl, my ears are still ringing. It gets so loud in the worship center that some of the kids and adults wear earplugs. No I am not joking, I have witnessed the earplugs. Now if this doesn’t get you pumped up about the Lord, I don’t know what will. No I take that back, you need to show up and witness this for yourself. This week has been spectacular. The canoes are getting stacked with school supplies and non-perishable food. Change for Change jug is filling up….but wait! I forgot to tell you folks about a little problem we had today. Remember that mouse that has been hanging around the church the last couple of years? The one that loves to harass Bob and Karl. Well the mouse is at it again, he has stolen the almost full, Change for Change water jug. Bob and Karl, with the help of the kids, are doing a little detective work and all the clues point to the mouse. They have put up WANTED posters with the mouse’s mug shot throughout the church and I am sure they will solve the mystery. In the meantime we have found a replacement jug that we are trying to fill. In closing I would like to thank all the volunteers that make this week so great. I would also like to thank the church staff for all they do for our kids and families. If you have not stopped by VBS this week, please do. It is a great opportunity to see the Lord at work. And they all lived happily ever after in God’s light.




Chris Mac


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment