Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Night 2 of VBS

What an awesome day!!! I was so excited to see all the kids and adults in the worship center jumping and dancing to our new VBS songs. The energy in there was electric. Let’s not forget to mention that today was crazy hat day. I saw some pretty amazing hats. Today was Bob’s birthday, so everyone sang “Happy Birthday” which I’m sure will stay with him forever.

The best part of my job is getting to walk around and seeing all the kids experience VBS. Today was signing day, which meant that every kid, crew leader, and assistant got the chance to sign the infamous Bob and Karl RV. It was an awesome sight to see these kids take ownership of this experience. They knew that their signatures were permanent; just like God’s love for them.

Unfortunately, some bad news had to come. Yoshi decided that he would show up on Bob and Karl’s turf. Luckily, the mouse scared him off (at least for now). Watching the kids scream at Yoshi to leave was hilarious. They remembered that Yoshi was the “bad guy” from last year’s VBS, and they wouldn’t let him ruin this year.

I cannot wait for tomorrow. Apparently it’s “high seas” day. So the kids are going to dress accordingly. Karl has said that they can even dress as boats. We’ll see about that.

Jill Bohaty

No comments:

Post a Comment